Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sunday Morning Tradition

Growing up, my mom made these cinnamon rolls almost every single Sunday morning.

No.  They are not healthy.  No.  They are not fancy.  But yes, they are a "sweet" memory of my childhood that I treasure.  Now that I am a mom, guess what we have for breakfast almost every single Sunday morning?  That's right.   And if, heaven forbid, I don't make cinnamon rolls on Sunday morning, the kids groan and ask "Why didn't you make cinnamon rolls today....it is SUNDAY!"

 It is expected.

It is a tradition.

And it has to be this kind.

I have even made Pioneer Woman's Homemade Cinnamon Rolls that takes two whole days to make with tons of gooey maple goodness......
Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls


but my sophisticated kids prefer the ones from a can.  :)  That's OK...it is much easier on me.  



I'm sure they will probably make cinnamon rolls for their families one day to pass on this tradition.  What tradition are you creating to pass down to your kids?  It doesn't have to be cinnamon rolls. You can have a bowl of Frosted Flakes every Sunday morning and you will be making a special memory for your family.    What is one of your favorite childhood memories that revolves around food?

1 comment:

  1. Love both kinds of cinnamon rolls! I will have to start that tradition soon- my boys would like that, too! Mom always made those on Saturday morning. I think I could eat a whole can by myself!

    ReplyDelete