Friday, October 29, 2010

Swing me, Mommy!!

This is a story about my sweet little Kate.  One day, last week, when the weather was just perfect, we were outside so she could play on the swing set.  I pushed her for a few minutes and then needed to run in the house for a second to grab something (I don't even remember what it was now).  As soon as I got inside, I heard Kate crying.  I ran back outside to check on her and she had fallen out of the swing!  She was laying on the ground crying so I ran to her, picked her up, gave her some love & started pushing her on the swing again, by her request.  Fast forward a few minutes.  I tried once again to go back into the house to get whatever it was that I needed.  The poor baby fell out of her swing again!  By this time I was feeling like a pretty bad mom since I was not watching her very good and she had fallen twice within 15 minutes.  I was also thinking that she must be a pretty clumsy child.

As I was pushing her again, I started wondering if she was really falling or just tricking me to get me to go back outside.  My Kate, be that deceitful?  No way!  Well, I thought I would test my theory.  I went back in the house and ran to look out the window to see what she did.  I WISH I had been videoing her!   As soon as I got inside, she ever-so-slowly lowered herself ever-so-carefully to the ground and then started her little fake (but real sounding) cry!!!  It really was funny to me and I had to call my Sis to share it with her, because she loves a good laugh in the middle of the day.  This is a picture of Kate after my discovery that she is a great actress!

No comments:

Post a Comment