Monday, October 18, 2010

Cleaning Tips....

 Don't you just hate it when you want to use the jets in your tub and brown gunk shoots out?  I was looking everywhere for an answer and couldn't find one.   But thanks to my good friend Allison, who found this awesome cleaning tip, I can now use my jets.  I promise you this tip will work!

Q:  How do I clean my bathtub jets?
(article in Woman’s Day magazine)

A:  Fill tub with hot water to cover jets.
Add 2 cups of bleach and ½ cup of powdered dishwasher detergent.
Run jets for at least 20 minutes and then let sit for a few minutes. 
Drain water, then refill with cold water.  Turn on jets for several minutes and drain again. 


Q:  How do I remove hair spray residue from my bathroom walls/floors?
(article from Real Simple magazine)

A:  Mix together one part rubbing alcohol to two parts water with a drop or two of dishwashing liquid.  Shake the mixture in a spray bottle and lightly mist the affected area.  Let it sit for a minute, then spray again.  Wipe dry using a slightly damp cloth. 
*don’t use on flat paint because it may leave streaks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment